You can use LATCH in rear-facing mode until a child is 30 lbs. After the child reaches 30 lbs, it’s time to switch to belt installation. For forward-facing installations, we recommend using belt only as remembering to switch from LATCH to belt is simply one more thing parents could forget.
Articles in this section
- Do you have to use the tether in rear-facing and/or forward-facing mode?
- How do you properly fit a child in the Knox?
- What does the fit inlay do?
- What is the harness height on the Knox?
- Can you install the Knox using both LATCH and seat belt?
- At what weight must you stop using LATCH with a child in the Knox?
- Do I need to lock-off the vehicle belt in my car?
- Is it OK for the Kmox to touch the seat front seat when used in rear-facing mode?
- Can the Knox be used with an inflatable seat belt?
- What if you can’t find a proper angle when installing the Knox?