We recommend children ride in a forward-facing harness seat until the maximum height or weight requirements are met. We do not promote use of the Alta until a child is approximately 6 years old and fits within the appropriate weight (40 - 100 lbs) and height (38 - 57”) requirements.
Articles in this section
- Can the Alta be used with a Type 1/lap belt only seat belt?
- Can the Alta be used without the seat back?
- Do you need to use the lap belt positioner with my child?
- When should you transition from a convertible seat to the Alta?
- When can a child transition out from the Alta to sitting in a car without a booster using the vehicle’s seat belt?
- What is the SecureFit belt routing system?
- How do you properly fit a child in the Alta?
- Do you need to use LATCH to install the seat?
- How is the Alta secured to the car, and the child in the seat?
- Can the Alta be used with an inflatable seat belt?