Yes, the base can be used without the load leg. However, we recommend using the load leg to optimize safety of the child in the seat. Load leg should be placed in stowed position when not in use.
Articles in this section
- Is the MESA MAX carry handle position required in the 4th position when installed with carrier-only and with the base?
- What is the SMARTSecure® System?
- What if you can’t find a proper angle when installing the MESA MAX?
- What is the Anti-Rebound+ Panel?
- What does the load leg do?
- Can you use the Load Leg in every vehicle?
- Can I use the base without the load leg?
- When do I transition my baby out of the MESA MAX?
- Are the harness pads required on the MESA MAX?
- What is European routing?