There is a belt path feature added to the back of the MESA MAX carrier. During carrier-only installation, the shoulder belt can be wrapped around the back of the carrier for a more secure install to the vehicle seat. In the event of a collision, this type of installation helps decrease the force on a baby’s shoulders and neck by limiting a downward motion in a frontal crash.
Articles in this section
- Is the MESA MAX carry handle position required in the 4th position when installed with carrier-only and with the base?
- What is the SMARTSecure® System?
- What if you can’t find a proper angle when installing the MESA MAX?
- What is the Anti-Rebound+ Panel?
- What does the load leg do?
- Can you use the Load Leg in every vehicle?
- Can I use the base without the load leg?
- When do I transition my baby out of the MESA MAX?
- Are the harness pads required on the MESA MAX?
- What is European routing?