State and federal safety standards require all car seats meet stringent flame retardancy standards (also referred to as FMVSS 302). For the Mesa V2, UPPAbaby meets this standard without applying any fire-retardant chemicals to the fabric that is in direct contact with the child. The foam that is underneath the fabric is treated to meet this requirement, however, the composition does not include harmful chemicals. Additionally, the Mesa V2 is GREENGUARD Gold Certified which tests for low chemical emissions, VOC’s.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between the Mesa and Mesa V2?
- What is the metal clip I found under the base?
- Are the Mesa V2 fabrics machine-washable?
- Do any of the styles avoid the use of fire-retardant chemicals?
- Can the Mesa V2 go on planes?
- Does the Mesa V2 attach to UPPAbaby strollers?
- Do I have to take the Mesa V2 off to fold the Vista, Cruz, Ridge or Minu stroller?
- When/why do I use the Infant Insert?
- Are the harness pads required on the Mesa V2?
- When do I transition my baby out of the Mesa V2?