State and federal safety standards require all car seats meet stringent flame retardancy standards (also referred to as FMVSS 302). For the Mesa® V2, UPPAbaby® meets this standard without applying any fire-retardant chemicals to the fabric that is in direct contact with the child. The foam that is underneath the fabric is treated to meet this requirement, however, the composition does not include harmful chemicals. Additionally, the Mesa® V2 is GREENGUARD® Gold Certified which tests for low chemical emissions, VOC’s.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between the Mesa® and Mesa® V2?
- What is the metal clip I found under the base?
- Are the Mesa® V2 fabrics machine-washable?
- Are any of the fashions free of fire-retardant chemicals?
- Can the Mesa® V2 go on planes?
- Does the Mesa® V2 attach to UPPAbaby® strollers?
- Do I have to take the Mesa® V2 off to fold the Vista®, Cruz®, Ridge® or Minu® stroller?
- When/why do I use the Infant Insert?
- Are the harness pads required on the Mesa® V2?
- When do I transition my baby out of the Mesa® V2?