You can use LATCH in rear-facing mode until a child is 35 lbs. After the child reaches 35 lbs, it’s time to switch to belt installation. For forward-facing installations, we recommend using belt only as remembering to switch from LATCH to belt is simply one more thing parents could forget.
Articles in this section
- Do you have to use the tether in rear-facing and/or forward-facing mode?
- Where do you attach the tether to?
- How do you properly fit a child in the KNOX?
- What does the fit inlay do?
- Are both pieces of the fit inlay required for use together?
- Can the fit inlay be removed before the child reaches 25 lbs?
- What is the harness height on the KNOX?
- Can you install the KNOX using both LATCH and seat belt?
- Is LATCH safer than belt as an installation method?
- At what weight must you stop using LATCH with a child in the KNOX?