For lap/shoulder and lap belt only installations, the lap belt goes under the tensioning plate. For LATCH installations, route the LATCH connector webbing under the tensioning plate. The area is clearly marked “LAP BELT” with an arrow to help guide the parent or caregiver. Make sure the belt lays flat and is not twisted.
Articles in this section
- Can you install the KNOX using both LATCH and seat belt?
- Is LATCH safer than belt as an installation method?
- What if you can’t find a proper angle when installing the KNOX?
- If LATCH is not available in the center seating position, can you borrow from each of the outboard seating positions?
- Can you put the shoulder belt under both tensioning clips?
- Do I need to lock-off the vehicle belt in my car?
- What belts go under the tensioning plate?
- Is it OK for the KNOX to touch the seat front seat when used in rear-facing mode?
- At what weight must you stop using LATCH with a child in the KNOX?
- How do you properly fit a child in the KNOX?