For lap/shoulder and lap belt only installations, the lap belt goes under the tensioning plate. For LATCH installations, route the LATCH connector webbing under the tensioning plate. The area is clearly marked “LAP BELT” with an arrow to help guide the parent or caregiver. Make sure the belt lays flat and is not twisted.
Articles in this section
- Do you have to use the tether in rear-facing and/or forward-facing mode?
- Where do you attach the tether to?
- How do you properly fit a child in the KNOX?
- What does the fit inlay do?
- Are both pieces of the fit inlay required for use together?
- Can the fit inlay be removed before the child reaches 25 lbs?
- What is the harness height on the KNOX?
- Can you install the KNOX using both LATCH and seat belt?
- Is LATCH safer than belt as an installation method?
- At what weight must you stop using LATCH with a child in the KNOX?