The tensioning clip is a good pre-crash tensioner of the seat belt but understanding that seats belts stretch over time and cushion compression changes, we require locking off the belt by pulling the seat belt all the way out until it locks and then feeding it back into the retractor. Refer to vehicle’s owner manual for details about how your seat belt locks and refer to the KNOX manual for compatible seat belt types.
Articles in this section
- Why can’t I get the Tension Indicator fully green on the KNOX SMARTSecure System?
- What do I do if I cannot get a tight installation in the belt path?
- Do you have to use the tether in rear-facing and/or forward-facing mode?
- Where do you attach the tether to?
- How do you properly fit a child in the KNOX?
- What does the fit inlay do?
- Are both pieces of the fit inlay required for use together?
- Can the fit inlay be removed before the child reaches 25 lbs?
- What is the harness height on the KNOX?
- Can you install the KNOX using both LATCH and seat belt?