Although not required, we strongly recommend using the lap belt positioner as it is important to help fit the belt properly across the child’s pelvis thus preventing submarining and possible abdominal injuries.
Articles in this section
- Can the ALTA be used with a TYPE 1/lap belt only seat belt?
- Can the ALTA be used without the seat back?
- Do you need to use the lap belt positioner with my child?
- When should you transition from a convertible seat to the ALTA?
- When can a child transition out from the ALTA to sitting in a car without a booster using the vehicle’s seat belt?
- What is the SecureFit belt routing system?
- How do you properly fit a child in the ALTA?
- Do you need to use UAS to install the seat?
- How is the ALTA secured to the car, and the child in the seat?
- Can the ALTA be used with an inflatable seat belt?