If an infant does manage to undo the chest clip while riding in the seat, the seat is still perfectly safe, provided that the harness straps are properly tightened and the buckle secured. The chest clip is used simply as a harness positioning aid. It is not required by Federal child passenger safety seat standards (FMVSS213, CMVSS 213, and CMVSS 213.1), nor is it the mechanism used to restrain the child in the seat in the event of a crash.
Articles in this section
- Why aren’t car seats a safe resting place for extended periods?
- Do I need adapters to use the MESA on my MINU?
- Is the MESA compatible with the MINU?
- What color options are available for the MESA?
- How do I remove and install the MESA fabrics?
- What is UPPAbaby’s policy on inflatable seat belts?
- What happens if my child can unfasten the chest clip?
- Will the MESA fit in my vehicle?
- Can my baby wear winter coats in the MESA?
- Which strollers does the MESA work with?