The MESA fits infants from 4 lbs to 35 lbs or 32 inches (whichever comes first). Discontinue use if your child’s head is less than 1 inch from the top of the SIP headrest in its highest position. The MESA, given its lower birth rating, can accommodate preemies. It is important to remove the harness pads when using the MESA for preemies since you want to make sure the chest clip sits at armpit level and the harness is tight enough. Please read your manual for instructions on proper fit.
Articles in this section
- At what age can I begin to use the MESA for my child? (What is the age limit or weight capacity for the MESA?)
- Should I register the MESA?
- What color options are available for the MESA?
- Where can I find the serial number on the MESA?
- Why aren’t car seats a safe resting place for extended periods?
- How do I properly fit my child in the MESA?
- When do I use the infant insert?
- When do I move to the next buckle location?
- What happens if my child can unfasten the chest clip?
- Can my baby wear winter coats in the MESA?